Monday 26 January 2009

loss

Today's theme is all about loss. Sorry a litle depressing - that reminds me - must remember my pill today. Just heard about a guy we used to work with 4yrs ago has passed away from cancer, he was on his own with only a nephew to call family which is very sad. All his old work colleagues are still in contact though so hopefully there will be a few of us at his funeral to remember him by.
I am just coming to terms with Sarah living away from home whilst she is studying at University - something I had to psyche myself up to for over a year, now my son wants to join the Navy and it looks like it will within the next six months. So at least I have a bit of time to get used to the idea I suppose. Not happy about him going away and potentially in dangerous situations, but it is his life and I am sure he will do well in the Navy and be happy, but that wont stop me missing him terribly. My little chicks are growing up and leaving the nest.


I know I can't keep them forever and I am sure that they all will do well on thier journey through life. I am very proud of all three of my kids. So now just one more left at home. If we get a dog each time one of them leaves home we will end up with three dogs instead of three children!! We will be getting another puppy when Barney dies, so that will probably coincide with my boy leaving home to join the Navy!! How bizarre.

No comments: