Friday 16 January 2009

feeling ill

I have had the most horrendous migraine for two days so have not really been up to much. Managed to get through the day at my ILM course where we have started on Action Learning Sets devised by a Reg Revans. It was quite intense and the lights in the room did not help so I collapsed in bed when I got home and didn't get up until 5.30am with the dogs. Went into work thinking I was better but started to feel very nauseous and not at all well. Unfortunately I was not in a fit state by then to drive home again so had to try and keep my head down and get on wth it as quietly as I could. But that didn't work out too well, have managed to upset two of my colleagues and not exactly sure how that came about but too exhausted to care. Will try and resolve it all on Monday. Just glad it is the weekend and I can try and have a lie in tomorrow.

Taking Sarah back to University 'up North' on Sunday, not sure who is driving her back. She has been busy seeing all her mates here at home in the short week that she is here so have not seen her much, but I do know she hasn't slept much. Teenagers are such a worry sometimes!

Sev has got a "Student of the month" award from his Accounts class which is really great news - very proud of how well he is doing there.

Alice's parents evening went well, good to hear she is studying hard and is likely to get mostly Bs and Cs in her GCSEs with the possibility of a few As thrown in for good measure.

Andy has been brilliantly understanding of my suffering these past couple of days, it cant be easy for him to understand how ill I feel, but he is very good and patient with me. Poor thing went to the gym both yesterday evening and tonight and his thigh muscles are rock hard!!! :) He is doing so well with his exercise regime. Once all the fat comes away there will be a lean mean muscle machine being revealed!!! He bought a new suit earlier in the week for an interview and looked really good in it. Haven't seen him look good in a suit for ages. Very proud of how hard he has worked at losing the seven and a half stone that he has lost so far.

Think I will go back to bed now and hopefully I will be fighting fit again in the morning.

No comments: