Saturday 24 January 2009

New Year,New Me!!

Feeling pretty hyped up and ready to get into a fitness regime again. The plan is to do the following:
Saturday – walk one hour, housework one hour
Sunday – walk one hour
Monday – WII 30mins, walk 30 mins
Tuesday – swim 40mins, walk 30 mins
Wednesday – WII 30mins, walk 30mins
Thursday – swim 40mins, walk 30mins
Friday – walk 30 mins
Allotment – as and when

I was all ready to do a 2hr walk today with Millie but have been reading on the internet that she should only have about 30 - 60mins maximum walking time due to her bones still being quite soft at the tender age of 5months. So I will scrap that and just walk with her for one hour. Going to leave Barney behind this time. His back legs were going yesterday after our one hour walk and he could barely stand. At 14 years of age he is doing really well and his back legs have been better recently, but I must remember not to overdo it.
We got some scales that Andy can use and he weighed himself yesterday and was delighted to find out that he has lost another 5lbs this week. I think he will continue to weigh himself at the hosptial every Monday evening as this has become a regular thing, but I guess he is beginning the transition of weighing himself on the only scales available to him (ie the only ones that wen to 35stones at the hospital) to getting used to weighing himself at home now that he is just a mere 26stone 10lb. It is difficult for me to get my head around saying his new weight, so it must be very difficult for him to get used to being this new weight and size too. On pay day this Wednesday he is going to join the gym so he can go more regularly and we can start to play squash and badminton. We can make a four now with the kids as well in Badminton so really looking forward to that. The scales that we have are from Weight watchers, we bought them at Argos - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8329563/Trail/searchtext%3EWEIGHT+WATCHERS+SCALES.htm
They are pretty cool cos you put in your height, age and sex and it comes up with your body mass index (BMI), body water and bone mass. So all four of us put our details in.

I also got two diet magazines - one from rosemary conley and one from weight watchers. I did really well 14 years ago losing 3 stones on rosemary conley so as I now have 7 or 8stone to lose I think I will start with that again.

On swap bot I have set up my own swap and was very excited that 10 other people have joined in with it. http://www.swap-bot.com/swap/show/29533 So if you want to make an Artist Trading card with a seaside theme then join up! :)

No comments: