Friday 9 January 2009

101 things to do in 1001 days

Well I do like a challenge and I love to keep lists so this is just got to be done. Whilst loitering around www land I came across this website - http://www.triplux.com/dayzero/default.asp
In it they suggest you make a list of 101 things that you would like to do in 1001 days. Before embarking on this mission we are asked to ask ourselves the following six questions: Who do I love, and what am I doing about it? 2. Am I pursuing my dream, or is fear stopping me?3. Am I doing something that matters?4. What am I doing to help others?5. Am I as good a person as I want to be?6. What am I doing to live life with passion, health and energy?
Well I have started my list today to be completed by 8th October 2011 - my mum's 66th birthday. Progress will be noted on this blog. i did think of doing a separate one, but then I probably wouldn't keep it updated.

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities. I am going to see if I can put this list to the side of this blog as well.

So without further ado here is
a1nnie's 100/1001

1. Celebrate Earth Hour annually (0/2)
2. Give blood 12 amount of times (0/12)
3. Visit a vineyard
4. Go to London Zoo
5. Go on holiday to Turkey
6. Write a love letter
7. Finish my ILM Level 5 Diploma
8. Make 3 Zentangles (0/3)
9. Take Glocosamine every day for one month
10. Go swimming at least once a week for 3 months
11. Note personal expenditure for one month
12. Reduce personal expenditure the following month
13. Make ten different types of cookies
14. Make five different types of bread
15. Go out for a date with Andy (evening at pub or lunch at a restaurant or a picnic) 10 times (four times a year)
16. Get a tattoo
17. Make handmade birthday cards for family and friends
18. Finish at least one of my quilts
19. Finish all three quilts
20. Finish making knitted bags
21. Give knitted bags as gifts to family or charity
22. Write a will
23. Go to a live concert
24. Go to a museum
25. Walk up Mount Snowdon with Andy
26. Go to chiropodist to sort out my left big toe
27. Make 10 Samaritan Christmas Shoeboxes (0/10)
28. Go to Pilates once a week for three months
29. Go to Tai Chi once a week for three months
30. Note migration of Andy’s and my family on Google Earth
31.Get to know the US states – NYC = New York City, IN = Indiana (2/50)
32. Note where I have received and sent ATCs to in the US
33. Vote
34. Read the Department of Health website updates once a month for 6 months (0/6)
35. Clear two credit cards (0/2)
36. Clear three credit cards (0/3)
37. Go to Scotland
38. Celebrate New Year’s Eve anywhere else but home
39. Re-style kitchen layout
40. Have new kitchen fitted
41. Buy new carpet for living room
42. Buy new suite for living room
43. Buy new mattress
44. Get Andy’s ring re-sized
45. Photograph Andy once a month to note weight loss
46. Go away on my own to a creativity weekend
47. Don’t buy craft materials for one whole month
48. Light candles on a birthday cake on my 400,000 hours birthday on 27 February 2011 at 2.30pm
49. Have a dinner party using our new dinner service and table cloth
50. Tidy up my filing cabinet
51. Keep my work room tidy
52. Wash the kitchen floor every day for 7 days in a row
53. Get promoted
54. Decorate/Paint dining room walls
55. Do a scrapbook of Millie
56. Do a scrapbook of Barney
57. Do a scrapbook of Andy’s weight loss journey
58. Take Millie to training classes
59. Go to 6 salsa dance lessons with Andy
60. Test drive a car
61. Get my driving licence sorted out
62. Spend an entire day watching films
63. Compliment one person every day (0/1001)
64. Send an email to the IT Helpdesk to thank them for all their hard work and dedication
65. Learn to save a life (Basic Life Support course in Feb 09)
66. Recycle six printer cartridges (0/6)
67. Have at least one meal a week together as a family at the table (we used to do this all the time – why don’t we anymore?) (0/143)

mmm, need 34 more!

My 1001 hours (2.75 yrs) is starting 10th January 2009 and finishes on 08 October 20011

No comments: