Wednesday 21 January 2009

feeling better

That migraine lasted 6 days. I slept all of Saturday and on Sunday Andy drove Sarah back to University whilst I slept in the car all the way there and all the way back. We settled her in and took her out to lunch. She has exams now for a few weeks so needs to get her head stuck into some books. She will do well I am sure, I have every faith in her ability to pull it off, even if she will insist on cramming at the last minute. I slept all of Monday and tried to go into work on Tuesday but still felt nauseous and a bit spaced out, went straight to bed when I got home.

Thankfully I woke up this morning and felt so much better. Able to clear the air at work as well when they realised I was ill and not being rude!! Oh I can't tell you how much happier I am now that the vice has gone from my head. It was so unbearable, I just felt like crying and was in abject misery. Hopefully I wont get another migraine like that again. I am going to ensure I have that expensive pill that needs to be taken at the first sign of a really bad migraine to avoid all this again.



So now I can think clearly again and can actually converse coherently I can chatter away again! :) LOL.



We took Millie to her third puppy training session tonight. She is doing really well. She came when called nicely between me and Andy. She went to her bed when told and did all the usual sit and lay down. We all had brought something that made a noise to try and get them used to different sounds. It worked okay as the puppies were all busy sniffing around to be too much bothered by the different objects and sounds. Millie is still hesitant about the hoover and although it is no big deal, I would rather she wasn't afraid of it. We were advised to keep it in the same room as her so she could get used to it sitting there without bothering her too much and to gradually start it up and stop it so she will hopefully get used to it gradually. Our homework is to work on widening the distance between calling her to come to us. She does this really well anyway as I take her off the lead when walking and she 95% of the time comes. When she has a really interesting smell she tends to ignore me but Barney does that as well. Also we are to practise heel walking by using a treat in our hand by our sides and walking along with her nose to our hand walking to heel. She did this beautifully for the trainer today - so proud!!! LOL. We are all getting used to each other now and everyone takes their puppies up to say hello to each other. Millie certainly is getting braver about meeting new dogs and I can see that the others are too. I spend all my time going "Ahhh isn't he/she so sweeeeeeet" They are all so gorgeous in their own little ways. Cute Dave the Jack Russell, sweet little Coco the brown cocker spaniel and Murphy the Staffy, Gana the black labrador who is training to be a guide dog as well as all the others. There are about four puppies who are Millie's size so they all had a little rough and tumble today! So funny. The little ones ran around and sniffed each other and had a little rough and tumble themselves.



Andy and I took Millie and Barney for our usual weekend walk in the woods and took Sarah with us on the Saturday - so of course the camera came too.



Andy looking sexy in his fishing hat! Sarah and me Sarah and Millie

2 comments:

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

Nice to meet you Annie;)

a1nnie said...

Thanks Tora, nice to meet you too.