Wednesday 31 December 2008

Play time

Having a ball playing with my card making and ATCs and even started on "inchies". I want to set up some of my work on flickr but it is quite time consuming and I would rather play with paper and bits and bobs. When I have done it I will set up a link to this blog.

I have downloaded some images from http://countdown.tentwostudios.com/ which looks to be an excellent site with some great ideas.

Have made some Christmas cards for next year and have completed all 4 of the red and green ATC cards for a swap - just need to get a few "extras" that are lightweight enough to post abroad and then they can go in the post later today.

Today's blog prompt from http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?t=35860 is 'Where I've been, where I've lived and where I'd love to go'
I was born in Winchester, England and then when I was just a baby my parents emigrated to Australia. We lived in Melbourne for 4 years and then spent three years travelling up and down the east coast. I remember a cyclone in Townsville very vividly. We sailed back which took 6 weeks and I remember crossing the equator. We have lived in Essex, England ever since, although I have travelled again before I settled down where I am now. Sometimes my children are disappointed that they have only known one house but occasionally they admit that they like the solid roots that we have here. I would certainly encourage them to travel and I would love to travel more myself when I have more time and money. Before I settled down I went to France, Switzerland, Denmark, Holland, Scotland, Wales and Australia again. I do like the area that we are living in now and the house is okay. I would love a bigger house with a utility area and an indoor swimming pool (ah one can dream).

Places I would love to go to include Montana, US to see my aunt and the rockies and Canada and REAL snow. I would love to go on a cruise to see the Fjords and Iceland. We did consider emigrating to New Zealand - it looks to be a beautiful country and some say it is very much like England used to be. One day maybe.

No comments: