Tuesday 16 December 2008

Bring me Joy

Today's blog prompt from Digital Scrapbooking place website as suggested by TinkZoe is the question "What things consistently bring you joy"
Not all my "things" are materialistic, but I am sure that still counts.

1. Cuddling up to my husband - feeling all snugly and safe with no urgent need to dash off and do some errand or other

2. Seeing my little puppy's sweet face as she pleads for some love or a treat/food. She is a handful - very excitable and exhausting, but even after having just cleared up after the latest "mess" just one little look from her and my heart melts.

3. Creating things out of paper etc. I just love to while away the hours making stuff - scrapbooking, ATCs and cards, knowing that when I give them to friends and family they appreciate the love and care that has gone into creating them.

4. Having my children around the dinner table and having long discussions about everything. This event has been rare of late with Andy not interested in cooking or eating and Sarah not being around - so dinner is usually not as enjoyable as it once was, not only because it is usually me cooking or buying a takeaway.

Take pleasure in the little things in life the larger ones don't seem so large.


Today I found out about autism angel. I am doing an ATC swap with the them of "angel". The person I am sending an ATC to teaches autistic children, so I thought I would google 'autism + angel' and came across various versions. One that I particularly like is this one. I will try to incorporate the design on to an
ATC for her.


No comments: