Sunday 8 February 2009

Great weekend

Have had a great weekend although it didn't start off too well. Andy's fish pie made us all very ill so all four of us had the day off work/college/school on the Friday and lazed around in bed making frequent dashes to the bathroom! Started to feel better by Saturday although not 100%.

On Saturday we went to look at a local University for Alice to study nursing in two years time when she has finished her A levels. Here is a link to explain what a children's nurse does in her role. http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/details/Default.aspx?Id=128 She was relieved that she only has to get two Cs in her A levels and one does not have to be a science. Thank goodness. We all really liked the new campus and she had mixed feelings to hear that she would spend 50% of her time on the wards in a placement. Quite nerve wracking but exciting at the same time! Also good news was that the finance side of things sounded much better than I expected so hopefully she wont come out of it with a huge student loan like poor Sarah is going to.

In the afternoon we went to my father in law's for his birthday dinner which was lovely to have all the family around at once. I was invited to be godmother to the latest neice which was really lovely. I have 11 nieces and nephews but most haven't been christened or baptised, so this is the first time I have been asked to be a godmother - so I was very honoured and pleased to be asked. It wont be until May but I will defintely add a photo of the day! Unfortunately the only time I have ever seen my goddaughter to be she is always crying. Doesn't bode well for the christening! :)

Today Andy and I had a lovely walk around the woods with Millie for an hour. It was nice and sunny and even a little warm when in the sunlight. Millie got lovely and muddy and said hello to lots of new doggy friends as well as human ones too. She is much better at saying hello to new dogs, especially those of her own size. Larger ones she is still a bit wary of, but that is no bad thing. She came across another 5 month old pup, a labrador and had a little play with him for a bit.

Andy and I then went to B & Q to look at kitchens. We chose this Shaker Oak Style and discussed cookers and different drawer types [I know! we know how to live exciting lives don't we!! :) ]







After a trip to Tescos (wooppee!!) we got home and had a bite to eat and collapsed on the sofa for an hour or two.

Back at work for three days, one day study then a week off. YIPPEE. I get to paint the dining room whilst I am off.


I have been making some ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) for swapping on ATCs for all - http://www.atcsforall.com/ for a Turquoise Monochrome swap of 6 cards. It has certainly been a challenge to make cards with just one colour - but i have managed it. Today when we were in B & Q I picked up some sample paint pots and colour cards to used on the ATCs - quite ingenious I thought!! hee hee.
As usual the weekend ended with my weekly chat to the DSP (Digital Scrapbooking Place)http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showgallery.php?limit=last1&cat= gang. There were 18 of us at one time making conversations hard to follow - it is quite fun when that happens, albeit a bit confusing. There are people from all over the world. It never ceases to amaze me that I can chat to friends from so far away every week. I haven't been doing a great deal of digital scrapbooking because of making the ATCs in my spare time. There are a couple of great challenges that I want to do though, so I really must make the time to have a digital crafting session. It was great to chat with everyone - we usually discuss random topics about our lives and how things are going with our digital scrapbook layouts and competitions.




No comments: