Thursday 19 February 2009

getting fit

Went for my usual afternoon walk round the woods with Millie. It is great to keep fit this way. I have a nice chat with some other dog owners as our dogs play and run around. There are loads of benches with plaques to commemorate those that have passed on but loved the woods when they were alive. I realised as we chatted that I have been walking these woods for 20 years. I moved here 20 years ago this month. It is hard to believe. It is the longest I have ever lived in one place. I have said to Andy that when I die I want my ashes to be strewn around the woods and a bench put up to add to the growing number that are there. I love the woods so much and they are very popular for loads of the local people.

After dinner Sev and I went swimming. He was in fine form and swam 34 lengths. I was pleased with my 25 lengths in 25 minutes. Definetly improving my speed and felt fitter this week than I did last. I am keeping a swim log on the zoggs website - www.zoggs.com/

No comments: