Sunday 20 December 2009

snowy weekend

We have had a great time this weekend taking Millie for walks in the snow. Millie has thoroughly enjoyed rolling around in the white stuff. The snow is still here as the temperature has not gone above 0 degrees. We haven't gone anywhere though because the roads are still very icy. I am not looking forward to going to work tomorrow morning when it will be very cold and icy.

Without having realised it at the time, I have managed to knock off another of my 101 things to do in 1001 days - number 85 go to a quiz night. Andy and I went to one at the church hall with Andy's parents and his brother Simon a few weeks ago. I thought we were doomed when I saw a chap who I was in the same team with some years ago. He is so clever and knows almost everything. I went up to him and said hello and asked if he remembered me from all those years ago and said I might as well go home now that he is here! He laughed and said he did remember me and my ex-husband who knew an answer that he did not. He even remembered the question and answer in great detail!! He was glad my ex was not there that night! In the end we came third out of seven teams. Unfortunately two teams had a bust up and one of them walked out! We thought it quite hilarious that people would get so wound up over a church quiz night.

Not doing too good with the numbers 18 and 19 of my 101, i.e. quilts. I have started to make another one. How hopeless am I? I am quite looking forward to this one though as it is quite different. I am making a jeans quilt out of old jeans. I have been cutting up old jeans into 5 1/2 squares and have about 86; I need about 140 altogether. I think to get away with the three that I have not completed is to give them to my mum and ask her to back them for me.

No comments: