Friday 18 December 2009

SNOW DAY

The first photo is the view from the green to my house. The second one is of the green with snow in the trees. It looks really pretty.

It snowed heavily last night. We don't get snow very often here so it is quite an event when it does snow "proper" snow which actually stays on the ground for more than 10 minutes. It is actually about 6 inches deep which is pretty cool. I got up early to listen to the radio to see how bad the roads were. Everyone kept saying stay at home unless your journey is essential. I live close to the main road though, so I thought if I cant get out to the main road it will be alright. There was nothing on the radio about any problems on the roads I was intending to use to get to work this morning. So I went out at about 7.30am this morning. It took forever to wipe the 6" snow off the car and then when I went to try and turn the car round it keep sliding and got stuck.
So as I can't even more the car at the moment I am not going in to work. I took Millie over the green for a quick run in the snow. At least you can see her in the dark! LOL.

2 comments:

Greenfingers said...

I want some!!!! We had 4 flakes yesterday and a little sprinkling out of a clear blue sky this morning. Love the photos.

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

These photos could really be in Iceland, they are beautiful.