Wednesday 15 April 2009

Not too well today

It is a beautiful Spring day today and Andy has even managed to get several loads of washing out on the line to dry. Hooray. But I feel awful, I have a rotten cold with sinus infection so am streaming from eyes and nose constantly. Yuk.

We had our new mattress delivered today so have washed the bed linen. All of which meant I got kicked out of my comfy bed and had to sleep on the spare bed which is a bit lumpy.

We have ordered a lot of new stuff recently, perhaps in defiance of the credit crunch. Hope to god neither of us lose our jobs or we are in big trouble! We just bought a new carpet for the living room and the dogs are not allowed in there now, using a stair gate to keep their dirty and muddy paws OUT. We have ordered a new leather suite which will be coming by the end of June. Luxury indeed. I am really looking forward to it coming. ALSO we are in the process of ordering a new kitchen. Something I have wanted for a LONG LONG time. The kitchen I have was put together by piecemeal really. When I first moved in her 15 years ago the units were dreadful and had to be pulled down. I was given one wall unit, bought one double base unit and the council put in the sink and base unit for the sink. It all matches but is just the cheapest white unit you can buy. After 15 years it is looking decidedly tatty. The new kitchen only costs £2k as we are keeping our our fridge, and washing machine. Andy's parents are moving house and are gifting us their double oven which cost £2k on its own and is something Andy has always wanted. He hates our current "small" oven. But it will cost £2k for the men to fit the kitchen. At first I was horrified but when I went down the list of what they need to do I have come around to accepting this cost. They will be able to do it all in one go with no fuss. Trying to get friends and family to fit the kitchen will be a nightmare to organise - so this is by far the easiest option as there is a lot that needs to be done. But we do have a lot to do before the kitchen even arrives. We need to get up the floor tiles and level the floor, knock down the pantry wall and gut the kitchen and skim the walls with plaster to smooth them out. Hopefully my brother who is in the building trade will be able to do most of this for us.

1 comment:

rl said...

Hi Annie
Sorry here you're not feeling well. Hope those sinuses clear up. I know exactly how that feels! Your renovations sound extensive but you will be so happy when it's done! You will have to do a layout and show us all! Take care of yourself!