Sunday 10 January 2010

My first FTF

WOOHOOO, I got my first First to Find (FTF) yesterday. The cache had been enabled on 6 Jan and I had driven past it on my way to work four times. When I saw yesterday that it had still not been logged on the website I though i woudl go for it and see if I could nab my first ever FTF. The snow was still on the ground, so the site was not as green as on the map! The main roads were okay to drive on but the road alongside the cache site was pretty snowy but Andy was okay driving on it. After a quick search I found it easily nestled at the bottom of a tree.
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=756dcac2-cc74-463a-aaaf-c505c53713c1

As we were close to a country park near where I work we thought we would continue on and take Millie for a run. When we drove up the country road towards the country park car park, there were loads of cars parked along the road. I thought "What on earth?" Then I cottoned on. Everyone had come from near and far to go sledging down the hills. We parked up and had a little walk. Millie loved the snow. Andy did a video of Millie rolling in the snow. When he gets it loaded up I will load it up here for you to see. She is so funny in the snow. There were loads of people sledging down the hill using almost anything that would slide. It was really great fun to watch.

We were so excited about going sledging ourselves we called the kids and told them to get something to use and make a flask of tea. We drove home and picked them up, made sure everyone was well wrapped up as it was very cold out on the hills. We took them back to the country park and we all had a great time going sledging down the hills and watching others doing the same. Even I went down twice. It was really exhilerating. Unfortunately I spilled the tea so we only got one cup! Then it started snowing quite heavily so we called it a day and went back home before it got too tricky to drive home.

1 comment: