Saturday 23 October 2010

Diesel

After getting back from walking Millie last Saturday, my mum called to say that someone had a 2yr old boxer who needed a good home. So that night we drove up to meet Diesel. He is very excitable, about the same size as Millie. They seemed to get on, and both Andy and I liked him. So we brought him home that night. He has been absolutely brilliant and has settled nicely into our routine. I think he likes being with Millie and Andy all day, as previously his owners were out at work all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imBjcjI1Nhw


They love to playfight together, above is a video of the two of them playing in the living room. At first we walked Diesel off lead in a secure park as we were not too sure if he would come back easily. Thankfully he seems to realise we are his "pack" now and follows Millie everywhere. So when we call them, they both come back.Yesterday and today we have walked them both off lead in the woods and open park. He has been very good and has come back, albeit not as well as Millie does when he is distracted, but we have not struggled as yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog after seeing your comment on mine. I will have to keep my eye on it. Glad Millie is getting on with the new member of the family. I don't think my doggy (Teddy) would be quite so compatible if we got him a new friend. He likes to be the boss. 

I love your idea of a to do list, hope you dont mind if I pinch the idea and make a little to do list on my blog? :) I find making things public helps achieve my goals. Me and Andy became big fitness freaks the year before last and went on a big journey to lose weight. We managed to lose 5 stone each and I kept our progress and goals posted on facebook. I felt that kept me motivated as everyone could see and was watching what I was up to! We love caching as it helps us maintain it and means that we can still have a nice Chinese at the end of the day as we've walked our way to it :)