Wednesday 14 October 2009

WTJ - Day 2

Wreck this journal - day two
Made great progress on the journal today. Went outside with Deb and Jill when they went out for their fag break and took the journal with me. I couldn't find the burn page so found one where it says I could throw it to the ground and stomp all over it, which I did on the wet grass. Then I gave Jill the book to wreck it however she wished without me looking. It was really hard not to watch what she was doing. I heard a ripping of a page and gasped with horror! Then she gave it back to me. I was relieved and pleased to see that she had threaded a dead leaf through the page. It was lovely. Then later I did some writings and screwed a page up. ONe page I have torn off and put in my trouser pocket to go through the wash. I hope I don't get paper lint all over it! I have taken some photos and will upload them later.


Here is the journal in the midst of being wrecked. Jill put a leaf through one page and one page I have stuck white things all over. The last one, on its side, is a page that I tore out and washed and taped back in.

CACHE
I laid a cache in some nearby woods on Sunday and last night it went live on the website. Already three people have found it today!! YAY. It is quite exciting. I might go and do some geocaching on Sunday as this is my last day for a few weeks. I have about 13 to do to reach my first 100.

2 comments:

Dannie said...

I googled the book on amazon and it sounds really good. I have decided to buy it for my friend for Christmas. She is very anal when it comes to books and her books look brand new even though she has read them as she never bends the spine. I figured it would be an interesting outlet for her and i know she would take up the challenge. Thanks for pointing me in the direction.

a1nnie said...

wow Dannie that will be a challenge for your friend. I found once I did the first act of wrecking it was easier but it was hard to make the first move - jumping on it when i was standing on the wet grass. Hope your friend enjoys the journal.