Wednesday 23 September 2009

badger

I was popping into the library and there is a park nearby with a geocache so thought I would pop in to quickly nab it before going on to the library. Well!! I never got to the library after all. As I was walking into the park there was a lad in his 20's with a dog standing looking at a young badger. I was amazed that a badger would be out and about during the day in a busy area. It turns out that the badger was really poorly. It couldn't walk far and had difficulty breathing. The lad and his girlfriend had called the RSPCA and had waited for nearly an hour. They needed to get into town so I said I would hang around until the RSPCA, the man to lock up the park or the couple turned up. So off they went. I waited 45 minutes before the RSPCA man turned up. By then the badger had crawled along the path and found a hole to crawl into. The RSPCA man said there was little he could do. I explained the symptoms of the badger and he said he might have concussion. Anyway when I got home Andy mentioned TB. It might be that that is what was wrong with it. So there wasnt much that could be done. I will give the council a call and let the parks section know that there is a poorly badger there so they can perhaps keep an eye out. It will either die or recover! So I didn't get to the library nor did I get the geocache.

1 comment:

Dannie said...

Hi, i have just started following your blog, so wanted to come on and say hi, but also how sad about the badger. It is a shame that the Rspca took so long to come out to it, but understandably they are so busy.