Thursday 19 March 2009

My youngest daughter who is 15 and just getting into GCSE season wrote a poem. the following are her words - I wrote a poem today. It's called Reality's attacking. It started out as a poem. Decided it could be a song or a poem.. I suppose its about me. As in cos im so busy. GCSE's bla bla bla. It starting to sink in that I don't have long left and I need to do so much.. But yea anyway.. It's not great but there you are.

When everything starts
All at once.
It all comes apart,
Ready to jump.

Something’s attacking
From every side.
Everything’s breaking
Ready to collide.

This magnificent life,
Which you could own.
But catching sleep,
Life, you postpone.

Everything which
You need to know,
Out of your reach.
Life’s hollow.

Something attacking
And you’re begging
Just for some time
Reality attacking
Reality attacking

I think it is great. She is going to do Media and English Lit A Levels starting in September. I think she will enjoy them and grow even more in her great ability to write songs/poetry.

No comments: